CAN YOU INSPIRE AND FACILITATE YOUNG PEOPLE WITH ADDITIONAL NEEDS, DELIVERING EMPLOYABILITY WORKSHOPS?
Skylarks Charity is is looking for Trainers for Young People with SEND, to facilitate Employability Workshops for our Spread Your Wings programme.
We are looking for Teachers/Trainers to deliver Online Employability Workshops to small groups of young people, with additional needs in Year 8 and 9 (with or without an EHCP).
The workshops run weekdays after-school between 4.30pm-8pm.
This role is suited to an experienced SEND / Career teacher, who has experience of group online tutoring with young people with a variety of additional needs.
The 1 hour workshops will be offered on Zoom and all training and materials will be provided. The role has potential to develop to offer in-class (face-to-face) workshops to young people in the South-West London area.
What we offer:
- Freelance contract
- £28 p/h - £35 p/h
- Flexible part-time hours
- Term-time or holiday work available
- Paid training, meetings and upskilling opportunities
- Supportive team
Role and Responsibilities:
- Delivering online sessions with small groups of max 10 young people
- Delivering the 7 week employability programme over 7 consecutive weeks
- Following the module plan and using the provided workshop content
- Providing the young people with holistic and engaging sessions, which meet their needs, and support them to make progress and achieve the programme goals
- Working with the parents sharing feedback on their child's progress and signposting
- Completing student progress reports and overall programme delivery.
- Minimum 2 years teaching or training experience
- Experience working with young people with additional needs in an educational or training context
- Experience of using online platforms and delivering educational content online
- Experience of facilitating young people with varied abilities and offering personalised support in a group
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of safeguarding processes
- Professional Teaching Qualification (PGCE / QTS / QTLS) (Desirable)
- A commitment to the aims and ethos of Skylarks
- The ability to maintain high standards of ethics, integrity and professionalism
- A commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion - dealing with people and issues honestly, fairly and with respect
- A commitment, understanding and a sensitive approach towards the needs and challenges faced by young people with disabilities and their families
Please note, we are not currently recruiting for these roles but may take on more freelance trainers in the future.
To discuss the role further please contact Rachael Chidgey at email@example.com