Brilliant Me and My Confidence
Learn to celebrate achievements and show confidence in different ways. Develop inner confidence in being you. The course will break for half-term on October 25th, before returning on November 1st and concluding on November 8th.
Brilliant Me & My Confidence is specifically designed to help your child:
- Learn to like themselves and feel confident
- Feel liked and accepted
- Feel proud of what they can do
- Think good things about themselves
- Believe in themselves
We are delighted to partner with Role Models who are offering this unique opportunity for your child to develop these essential skills in a supportive environment with a trusted professional. Role Models understand that everyone learns differently; they seek to challenge your child in a healthy way, whilst building their confidence in a comfortable and fun environment.
Brilliant Me & My Confidence is a course designed for children aged 5-7, to help them discover their most confident self. It is made up of 5 x 60 minute online sessions.
Each student will join the online session using ‘Zoom’ software (which can be downloaded) from their home.
The course is 5 weeks
Every Wednesday from Wednesday 4th October - Wednesday 8th November
5pm - 6pm
All courses are taking place at home using zoom
Celebrating What Makes Me Special
Wed 04.10.23 @ 5:00 pm
Learn to be proud of the things that make you special. Rather than hide them away so people don’t notice, learn to celebrate
Sometimes Winning is Having the Courage to Start
Wed 11.10.23 @ 5:00 pm
What’s the point in trying something we know we are ‘bad’ at? Learn how it’s not always about being the best, fastest or smartest. Sometimes winning is having the courage to give something a go.
Will I be Ok?
Wed 18.10.23 @ 5:00 pm
When we feel scared or overwhelmed about something, it’s easy to think we won’t cope. Learn how to develop the confidence to know that you will be okay, by thinking positively and rationally.
Daring to be Different
Wed 25.10.23 @ 5:00 pm
We all want to seem ‘normal’ but what if you want to look or think differently to others? Learn to have the confidence to be who you really want to be.
Fear, Bravery & Courage
Wed 01.11.23 @ 4:00 pm
Being brave doesn’t mean that we don’t ever get scared. Learn how to show courage by feeling your fear and stepping into it.
FOR 5 - 7 YEAR OLDS
It is strongly encouraged that children should attend all sessions.
The course is made up of 5 x 60 minute online sessions.
The course is free of charge but donations are welcomed.
There are places for 9 young people on each course.
The course will be delivered by a Role Model who specialises in and enjoys encouraging and motivating young people with additional needs.
OTHER NOTES ON THE ONLINE COURSE:
- Your young person will need a quiet space for the sessions and a computer/laptop/iPad with internet connection so that they can use zoom
- The sessions will be interactive so they will need to be seen (using the computer camera/webcam) and heard (using the computer microphone or headset)
- They will need a pen/pencil and paper during the sessions
- It's important the young people are relaxed and comfortable; please do help them get set up for the first session and be on hand for any technical difficulties
- Following that, we find these sessions work best when the young people are given the independence to complete them alone rather than having other people watching in the same room. However we ask parents to stay nearby as necessary
- The content of the sessions will include discussion, games, watching videos and sharing thoughts and ideas with the group. The students will at times be encouraged to type using the keyboard and to answer verbally