This course is for young people with additional needs aged 5 - 7.
Brilliant Me and My Feelings
Learn to manage big emotions and increase emotional literacy. Including how to recognise, understand and talk about feelings
TO BOOK YOUR PLACE:
YOU NEED TO REGISTER WITH ROLE MODELS so that they have all the information they need about your child and it is the only way you will receive the Zoom link and password to take part. You will be sent the link to book with Role Models in your confirmation email.
Connecting with how we feel
Brilliant Me & My Feelings is specifically designed to help your child:
- Recognise and identify their big feelings and emotions
- Understand that all feelings are valid
- Manage frustration
- Develop ways to self-regulate
- Know how to deal with worries and nerves
- Think about their impact on others and the feelings they have
Getting Caught up in a BIG Feeling
Tue 04.10.22 @ 5:00 pm
When we have a big feeling it can feel like we get swept away with it. Learn how to choose whether to go with the bad mood or big feeling, or to choose otherwise.
Tue 11.10.22 @ 5:00 pm
All feelings come and go, even the uncomfortable ones are ok. Rather than push sadness away, learn how to understand it and feel it.
I Want to Win!
Tue 18.10.22 @ 5:00 pm
Do you ever feel competitive? It can feel good to win but it’s not always the most important thing. Find the joy in doing what you love without always worrying whether you’re the best.
Tue 01.11.22 @ 5:00 pm
It can feel good when we feel listened to. We can also make others feel good by listening to them. What does good listening look like and how is this more than just hearing what they say?
Tue 08.11.22 @ 5:00 pm
What does it feel like when you get jealous? Learn how to manage these feelings when you’re with your friends or brother and sister.
All courses are taking place at home using zoom
FOR 5 - 7 YEAR OLDS
It is strongly encouraged that children should attend all sessions.
The course is made up of 5 x 60 minute online sessions.
The course is free of charge but donations are welcomed.
There are places for 9 young people on each course.
The course will be delivered by a Role Model who specialises in and enjoys encouraging and motivating young people with additional needs.
OTHER NOTES ON THE ONLINE COURSE:
- Your young person will need a quiet space for the sessions and a computer/laptop/iPad with internet connection so that they can use zoom
- The sessions will be interactive so they will need to be seen (using the computer camera/webcam) and heard (using the computer microphone or headset)
- They will need a pen/pencil and paper during the sessions
- It's important the young people are relaxed and comfortable; please do help them get set up for the first session and be on hand for any technical difficulties
- Following that, we find these sessions work best when the young people are given the independence to complete them alone rather than having other people watching in the same room. However we ask parents to stay nearby as necessary
- The content of the sessions will include discussion, games, watching videos and sharing thoughts and ideas with the group. The students will at times be encouraged to type using the keyboard and to answer verbally