Skylarks SEND Advice Service is delighted to host this 2 hour webinar presented by SEN Solicitor Eleanor Wright from the well known charity SOS!SEN
Many of the families we speak to feel as though the support and information available to them falls off the edge of a cliff once the young person passes compulsory school age (16 years), and even more so once they get to 18 years.
This talk will aim to arm you with the information you need to be prepared and understand your rights. The talk will cover the following
- Preparing for Adulthood starts in year 9 - what you need to think about.
- The rights of young people from age 16.
- What are the options for support in EHCPs once the young person turns 16?
- What should your Local Authority (LA) do to prepare the young person for adulthood.
- What are the options for support in EHCPs once the young person turns 18?
- Mental capacity and making decisions on behalf of young people over the age of 16 years.
- The right to more time in education.
- Apprenticeships and supported internships.
There will be an opportunity to ask questions during the talk. However, please bear in mind there will be a number of other people on the call so you may want to consider booking an appointment for 1:1 advice
with the SEND Advice Service instead.
In order to ensure that our talks are accessible to all we, do not charge. However, any donations
you could make to assist us in providing this highly valuable support is appreciated.
An invitation for the webinar will be emailed within 24 hours of the event. Please do not share this link with anyone else.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.