As part of our Spread Your Wings offer for young people with additional needs, we are pleased to offer an Online Life Skills Course in Creative Problem Solving in partnership with Role Models.
This course is aimed at young people aged 12 - 15 year olds who want to start building their independence and work skills for the future.
The course will run for 5 weeks from Monday 19th February - Monday 18th March from 5.30pm - 6.30pm each week
Creative Problem Solving Course
The Collaboration Course is designed to help your child with:
- Procrastination to Motivation
- Independent Decision Making
- Assessing Risks
- Managing Conflict
- Using Your Initiative
Explore how to manage conflict, assess risks and make decisions. Find out how to move from procrastination to motivation and how to use initiative.
FOR 12 - 15 YEAR OLDS
Young people should attend all 5 Workshops.
The course is made up of 5 x 60 minute online sessions.
The course is free of charge but donations are welcomed.
There are places for 9 young people on each course.
The course is most suitable for children and young people with high functioning autism or other disabilities who are able to engage with a trainer online. They will need to be able to use a laptop/device and to be willing to take part in a range of activities.
All courses are taking place at home using Zoom
All sessions are recorded for safeguarding purposes and then deleted later.
Time: 5.30pm - 6.30pm
OTHER NOTES ON THE ONLINE COURSE:
- Your young person will need a quiet space for the sessions and a computer/device with internet connection so that they can use zoom
- The sessions will be interactive so they will need to be seen (using the computer camera/webcam) and heard (using the computer microphone or headset)
- They will need a pen/pencil and paper during the sessions
- It's important the young people are relaxed and comfortable; please do help them get set up for the first session and be on hand for any technical difficulties
- Following that, we find these sessions work best when the young people are given the independence to complete them alone rather than having other people watching in the same room. However we ask parents to stay nearby as necessary
- The content of the sessions will include discussion, games, watching videos and sharing thoughts and ideas with the group. The students will at times be encouraged to type using the keyboard and to answer verbally