Michaela Eggleston from Skylarks
The presentation will be recorded and subsequently uploaded to our website for you to listen to again.
This is a 2 hour online Webinar with our in-house SEND Advice Service manager Michaela Eggleston to talk about Annual Reviews of EHCPs.
Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs) are legally enforceable documents detailing the special educational, health and social care needs of a child or young person (0-25 years of age) and the support required to meet those needs.
An EHCP should be reviewed within 12 months of first being issued and every 12 months thereafter, or every 3-6 months for children under 5. Interim reviews can also take place if there has been a significant change since the last Annual review.
This 2 hour talk will guide you through the following:
- When should the Annual review take place and who should organise it;
- What is the process that should be followed before, during and after the review;
- How to prepare for an Annual review;
- How to request changes are made to the EHCP;
- You rights in relation to requesting a specific educational setting is named in an EHCP;
- What to do if you are not happy with the result of the Annual review.
The format of the online workshop involves me giving a presentation, followed by a Q&A session. If your question is specific to your circumstances and needs more time to answer then I will ask that you request a separate 1 to 1 appointment
. Please refer to our Menu of Services
for details of the support we provide.
There is a suggested donation
of £10 for attending our online workshops to help allow us to continue to provide the SEND Advice Service.