Michaela Eggleston from Skylarks
Please apply by 5pm Monday 22nd February 2021 as the event will close to new applicants after that.
Links to the Zoom invite will be emailed out by 5pm Tuesday 23rd February 2021. If you do not receive your link by then please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This event will take place via Zoom on Thursday 25th February 2021 7pm-8pm.
This is a 1 hour online workshop with our in-house Advocacy Manager, Michaela Eggleston.
Education, Health and Care plans (EHCPs) are a legally enforceable document detailing the child or young person's special educational, health and social care needs and the support they require.
This workshop is a step-by-step guide to EHCPs and covers the following:
- What are EHCPs;
- When would an EHCP be needed;
- What should be in an EHCP;
- The process involved in EHCPs, including how to request a 'needs assessment' which is the first stage of the process;
- Your rights in relation to EHCPs and what should be in them;
- What you need to consider at each stage of the process;
- How to select a particular nursery/school/college is named in the EHCP and what that means;
- What to do if you are not happy with the EHCP.
The format of the online workshop involves me giving a presentation, followed by a Q&A session. If your question is specific to your circumstances and needs more time to answer then I will ask that you request a separate 1 to 1 appointment
. Please refer to our Menu of Services
for details of the support we provide.
There is a suggested donation
of £10 for attending our online workshops to help allow us to continue to provide the SEND Advice Service.
I look forward to meeting you.