Most of our activities are now happening "in real life" but we are still trying to make our sessions as Covid safe as possible. Some of our families have vulnerable children with compromised immune systems. We are therefore asking everyone attending our sessions to continue to follow our Covid procedures. Please read our latest Coronavirus guidance which is detailed below. You will be asked to tick a box to say that you agree to follow our Covid procedures when you book our activities.
CORONAVIRUS SAFETY PROCEDURES
Here is a summary of our procedures:
- We are taking temperatures at the door
- We are maintaining social distancing and limiting numbers
- Everyone is requested to wear a face mask
- Test yourself regularly using Lateral Flow Tests
- Do not come if you have tested positive in the last 10 days
Here are more details of our procedures:
- We are taking the temperature of everyone who arrives at our sessions, adults and children. If you are found to be too warm, you will be asked to wait outside for a few minutes and then your temperature will be checked again. If you are still too warm, you will unfortunately not be able to enter the building.
- We have set a maximum capacity for each room. Please book for each activity you or your child would like to take part in. If there are too many people in a room, we will not be able to allow anyone else to enter. You may be asked to wait outside while your child takes part in an activity.
- All adults are requested to wear a face mask or covering when indoors. If you forget yours, we have a box of disposable ones available at the front desk. Some adults are exempt from mask wearing; if you are unable to wear a mask, please let us know.
- When you arrive, please wash your hands and your children’s hands using soap and water in the toilet facilities both upstairs and downstairs.
- We are ventilating our rooms as much as possible. This means that we are keeping windows and sometimes doors open. This means that the rooms may be colder than usual, so you are encouraged to dress warmly. Doors may have to be open, so please keep an eye on your children to make sure that they are safe.
- We encourage everyone (staff, volunteers, parents) to test themselves regularly for Coronavirus using lateral flow tests and to do so before coming to our sessions. We have a supply of Lateral Flow Tests. Please ask at the front desk if you would like to take a box of tests home with you.
- Please do not attend our sessions if you have tested positive for Covid. Please wait until you have had 2 negative tests on consecutive days before attending.
- If a member of your household has tested positive, please consider carefully whether you need to come to our session. Please wear a mask and keep your distance from others.
All parents have to tick to say they agree with our Covid-secure protocols when booking for our activities. These include:
- I confirm that my family and I do not have symptoms of Coronavirus and will cancel our booking if we develop symptoms
- I confirm that my family and I have not knowingly been in close contact with anyone with a confirmed case of Coronavirus in the last 10 days
- I confirm that I will follow instructions from Skylarks about Coronavirus safety