ONLINE LIFE SKILLS COURSE IN LEADERSHIP FOR 16 - 20 YEAR OLDS RUN BY ROLE MODELS
We are pleased to offer an Online Life Skills Course in Leadership in partnership with Role Models. This course is for young people with additional needs aged 16-20.
Explore the importance of taking responsibility, owning your words & actions and how to lead in difficult times. Understand the difference between belonging & acceptance and how to speak your truth.
If the course is full, you can put your name on the Waiting List
STEPPING UP & TAKING RESPONSIBILITY
The Leadership Course is designed to help your child:
- feel comfortable & be authentic
- take responsibility
- think ambitiously & positively about their future
- lead others in a range of situations
Week 1 Speak Your Truth
Week 2 Owning your Words & Actions
Week 3 Leading in Difficult Times
Week 4 Taking Responsibility
Week 5 What am I Capable of?
FOR 16 - 20 YEAR OLDS
It is strongly encouraged that young people should attend all sessions.
The course is made up of 5 x 60 minute online sessions.
The course is free of charge but donations are welcomed.
There are places for 9 young people on each course.
The course is most suitable for children and young people with high functioning autism or other disabilities who are able to engage with a trainer online. They will need to be able to use a laptop (under supervision if necessary) and to be willing to take part in a range of activities.
All courses are taking place at home using Zoom
All sessions are recorded for safeguarding purposes and then deleted later.
Time: 5pm - 6pm
- Thursday 15th June
- Thursday 22nd June
- Thursday 29th June
- Thursday 6th July
- Thursday 13th July
OTHER NOTES ON THE ONLINE COURSE:
- Your young person will need a quiet space for the sessions and a computer/laptop/iPad with internet connection so that they can use zoom
- The sessions will be interactive so they will need to be seen (using the computer camera/webcam) and heard (using the computer microphone or headset)
- They will need a pen/pencil and paper during the sessions
- It's important the young people are relaxed and comfortable; please do help them get set up for the first session and be on hand for any technical difficulties
- Following that, we find these sessions work best when the young people are given the independence to complete them alone rather than having other people watching in the same room. However we ask parents to stay nearby as necessary
- The content of the sessions will include discussion, games, watching videos and sharing thoughts and ideas with the group. The students will at times be encouraged to type using the keyboard and to answer verbally