Michaela Eggleston from Skylarks
Thursday 23rd February 10am-12pm
Skylarks SEND Advice Service will be hosting a 2 hour webinar by Eleanor Wright who is a solicitor from the well regarded charity SOS!SEN
Local Authorities (LA's) should be adhering to a number of legal and statutory duties in order to provide a suitable education for those with SEND. But what happens when your LA are not keeping up their side of the bargain? Skylarks SEND Advice Service will be hosting a 2 hour webinar by Eleanor Wright, a solicitor from the well known charity SOS!SEN
who will explain the options available to you.
Wednesday 23rd February 10-12pm.
The talk is aimed at those of you with a child or young person who has an EHCP.
The talk will cover:
- Your rights and what the LA should be doing
- How to complain using the LA's processes and what to do next if that doesn't resolve the matter.
- Judicial Reviews - When you should think about this, the process involved and the pros and cons
- LGSCO - When this is the best route, the pros and cons
- The Monitoring Officer- What is it and how do you use it.
The talk will be recorded and made available later.
There will be an opportunity to ask questions, but due to the numbers of people we have on these calls, it may not be possible to answer all questions. In which case you will have the option of making an appointment for 1:1 advice from Skylarks SEND Advice Service or you can contact SOS!SEN who have an advice line.
A Zoom invite will be sent 24 hours before the call.
Please email email@example.com with any queries.