We are pleased to offer an Online Life Skills Course in Leadership in partnership with Role Models. This course is for children with additional needs aged 13 - 17.
Explore the importance of taking responsibility, owning your words & actions and how to lead in difficult times. Understand the difference between belonging & acceptance and how to speak your truth.
To Book Your place:
YOU NEED TO REGISTER WITH ROLE MODELS so that they have all the information they need about your child and it is the only way you will receive the Zoom link and password to take part. You will be sent the link in your confirmation email once you've booked with us.
Stepping up & taking responsibility
The Leadership Course is designed to help your child:
- feel comfortable & be authentic
- take responsibility
- think ambitiously & positively about their future
- lead others in a range of situations
Speak Your Truth
Learn how to feel comfortable expressing your true self and how good this can feel! A true sense of belonging happens when we feel accepted for being our authentic self.
Owning Your Words & Actions
Taking accountability for what you say and do is important. There are times when we need to stand by our actions and times when we may need to recognise the impact they’re having on others.
Leading in Difficult Times
Being a leader when things are going well seems easy. What about when the going gets tough? How can we lead to overcome challenges and help our team move forward during tough times?
Shifting the blame can be all too easy. What part do you play in how your life feels or are you just a passive spectator?
What am I capable of?
What influence do you have on your future and what are you capable of? Dare to dream big and learn to develop your self-efficacy.
The course is most suitable for children and young people with high functioning autism or other disabilities who are able to engage with a trainer online. They will need to be able to use a laptop (under supervision if necessary) and to be willing to take part in a range of activities.
All courses are taking place at home using Zoom
It is strongly encouraged that children should attend all sessions. The course is made up of 5 x 60 minute online sessions.
The course is free of charge but donations are welcomed.
There are places for 9 young people on each course.
The course will be delivered by a Role Model who specialises in encouraging and motivating children, including those with additional needs.
All sessions are recorded for safeguarding purposes and then deleted later.
Other notes on the online course:
- Your young person will need a quiet space for the sessions and a computer/laptop/ipad with internet connection so that they can use Zoom
- The sessions will be interactive so they will need to be seen (using the computer camera/webcam) and heard (using the computer microphone or headset)
- They will need a pen/pencil and paper during the sessions
- It’s important the teenagers are relaxed and comfortable; please do help them get set up for the first session and be on hand for any technical difficulties.
- Following that, we find these sessions work best when the young people are given the independence to complete them alone rather than having other people watching in the same room. However we ask parents to stay nearby and within earshot.
- The content of the sessions will include discussion, games, watching videos, and sharing thoughts and ideas with the group. The teenagers will at times be encouraged to type using the keyboard and to answer verbally.
You will need to book this course in the usual way via the Skylarks website. Your place will then be confirmed back to you.
You will then be asked to complete a form on the Role Models website and to agree with their safeguarding policy.
You will then be asked to checkout on the Role Models website, using a coupon code so that you are not charged. This is so your details are entered onto their system and you can agree with their safeguarding policy.
You are then invited to make a donation for this course. A place costs over £60. Skylarks will be paying for the course but a donation towards the cost is appreciated.