Michaela Eggleston from Skylarks
Wednesday June 22nd 10-11.30am: Online workshop: Annual Reviews of EHCPs
This is a 90 minute online workshop with our in-house SEND Advice Service manager Michaela Eggleston to talk about Annual Reviews of EHCPs. Numbers are limited to maximise the time to answer questions.
Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs) are legally enforceable documents detailing the special educational, health and social care needs of a child or young person (0-25 years of age) and the support required to meet those needs.
An EHCP should be reviewed within 12 months of first being issued and every 12 months thereafter, or every 3-6 months for children under 5. Interim reviews can also take place if there has been a significant change since the last Annual review.
This 90 minute workshop will guide you through the following:
- When should the Annual review take place and who should organise it;
- What is the process that should be followed before, during and after the review;
- How to prepare for an Annual review;
- How to request changes are made to the EHCP;
- You rights in relation to requesting a specific educational setting is named in an EHCP;
- What to do if you are not happy with the result of the Annual review.