Michaela Eggleston from Skylarks
This event will take place via Zoom on Wednesday 7th July 2021 10am-12pm.
This is a 2 hour online workshop with our in-house SEND Advice Manager, Michaela Eggleston.
Education, Health and Care plans (EHCPs) are a legally enforceable document detailing the child or young person's special educational, health and social care needs and the support they require.
This workshop is a step-by-step guide to EHCPs and covers the following:
- What are EHCPs;
- When would an EHCP be needed;
- What should be in an EHCP;
- The process involved in EHCPs, including how to request a 'needs assessment' which is the first stage of the process;
- Your rights in relation to EHCPs and what should be in them;
- What you need to consider at each stage of the process;
- How to select a particular nursery/school/college is named in the EHCP and what that means;
- What to do if you are not happy with the EHCP.
The format of the online workshop involves me giving a presentation, followed by a Q&A session. If your question is specific to your circumstances and needs more time to answer then I will ask that you request a separate 1 to 1 appointment
. Please refer to our Menu of Services
for details of the support we provide.
There is a suggested donation
of £10 for attending our online workshops to help allow us to continue to provide the SEND Advice Service.
I look forward to meeting you.