Our home education support group is for parents who are either home-educating their child or children with additional needs or who are thinking about doing so. We also support parents whose children are not attending school for other reasons such as high anxiety levels, school-based anxiety, school refusal, formal exclusion or who are being encouraged to remove their child from a particular school or to de-register.
During the Coronavirus pandemic, of course many of us have become unexpected home-educators of our children with SEND. This may have changed our views on the education of our children in a variety of ways.
This group is a safe space to discuss our experiences. We can learn from those who were already electively home-educating before the lockdown. We can support each other if we are making difficult decisions.
This group is led by Aldona from Hounslow Parent Carers Forum but is open to any parents from any borough.
The Zoom link will be sent to you beforehand.
Our usual safeguarding procedures apply:
- This session is aimed at adults and we encourage you to find a quiet place where you won’t be overheard or disturbed. We hope that, due to the timing of the group, your children may be in bed asleep. However we understand that this may not always be the case. Please be aware of the safety of your children during our live sessions.
- While you are taking part in live online session, you are responsible for your children’s safety. Please make sure your child/ren are fully clothed in case they walk into the room.
- You must not record, photograph or video any live online sessions
- You must not share any Zoom passwords.
- If you are concerned about the welfare or safeguarding of any child or parent who is part of the group, please contact a member of the NAS committee or Skylarks staff.