Educational advice for children and young people with special educational needs and disability delivered in-house by our SEND advice manager Michaela Eggleston. For example, we provide advice about the following:
- How to request EHC needs assessments;
- The EHCP process;
- How to request a school;
- What to do about phase transfers from one school to another;
- Annual reviews - what to think about , help with paperwork and support in meetings;
- What to look for in draft EHCPs
- Information about your rights
- School transport
- Home schooling
- Unable to attend school (school anxiety, school refusal, not fine in school)
- What support should be available in educational settings
How the service works:
You can use this booking form to request an initial phone or video call. Once you have booked please email email@example.com with your preferred time for the appointment and whether you would like a phone or video call.
If you would prefer a face to face meeting then these are available on Tuesdays (2.30-5.30) or Fridays (10-12) at The Crossway Centre and can be booked here https://www.skylarks.charity/activity/276/send-advice-face-to-face-meetings-at-the-crossway-centre
This service is free of charge. However, this is a costly service to run and we suggest voluntary donation of £20 for a telephone consultation and £50 - £150 for case work.