Our hairdresser Lorraine will supervise you cutting your own child's fringe at home!
During lockdown we can't get to the hairdressers or barbers and many of our children are getting fed up with their unruly hair or not being able to see out!
To help us, Lorraine made a video showing us how to cut our own child's fringe. We have been able to watch her video from the comfort of our own homes and many of us have used her techniques to trim their bangs!
Now Lorraine is going to be hosting a LIVE session by Zoom where she will play the pre-recorded video, then pause the film while she watches and supervises you with your own scissors. She will give you tips to try and give you the confidence you need to make that snip. Please note she can't however come round to your house to sweep up the hair clippings from the floor!
We hope you will have a child who is a willing model for your new hair styling skills. As places are limited, please check with them that they will be happy to take part in this event before you book your place.
You will need:
- A comb
- Some sharp scissors
- Some crocodile clips or other hair clips
- A spray bottle of water, or else wet your child's hair beforehand
- A chair or stool that puts your child at a comfortable height for you
- A toy, screen or book that will distract your child and keep their hands occupied.
- A towel or gown to put round your child's shoulders
- Floor covering
- Something to cover your child's eyes
- A sticker to reward your child with!
- And a camera to take their photo afterwards!
The Zoom link will be sent to you beforehand.
You will need to follow all our usual safeguarding procedures for online events.