Michaela Eggleston from Skylarks
Please join our 90 minute online workshop about transferring to secondary school if your child has Special Educational Needs.
Our workshops are delivered by our in-house SEND Advice Service manager Michaela Eggleston
This session is intended to provide you with the information you need to navigate the process involved with selecting a secondary school if your child has an EHCP or you are in the process of applying for one.
The workshop is aimed at parents of year 5 and year 6 pupils (but all are welcome!). It will predominantly be for those already with an EHCP, but may be suitable for those awaiting an EHCP or who think their child may need one in the future.
The workshop will include:
- Explain the process involved ;
- The importance of the year 5/6 annual review and how to prepare for it;
- Guidance on what type of evidence you may need to gather to support what you are asking for;
- What you need to consider when looking at secondary schools and the questions you may want to ask;
- What to do if you don't agree with the secondary school allocated.
There will be an opportunity to ask questions during the workshop which will be delivered online via 'Zoom'. If you have any questions about your own circumstances that we cannot answer during the workshop then you can make an appointment
at a separate time at your convenience.
Our workshops are free to all, but we welcome any donations to help us continue to provide this valuable service if wish to donate
All our workshops are open to parent/carers from any Local Authority.