Michaela Eggleston from Skylarks
This is a 1 hour online workshop with our in-house SEND Advice Service Manager, Michaela Eggleston to provide information to anyone who wants to know how to check a draft EHCP.
If your Local Authority (LA) decides it is necessary for an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP) to be issued following the information gathered during the 'Needs assessment', then you will receive a draft version of the EHCP.
You might also have received a draft amended EHCP if changes have been requested to an existing EHCP following a review.
You will be given 'at least 15 days' in which to add any comments you want to make about the plan itself as well as to request that a specific nursery/school/college is named in section 'I' (placement).
This workshop will focus on the following
- What is a Draft EHCP and when would you receive one;
- What is the law around draft EHCPs;
- What should be in a draft EHCP;
- What you need to check when you receive the draft EHCP and how to do it;
- Your rights in relation to requesting that a particular nursery/school/college is named in the EHCP;
- What should happen after you have reviewed a draft EHCP
- What to do if you are not happy with the EHCP.
The workshops are delivered online via 'Zoom' and you will have an opportunity to ask questions about draft EHCPs in general. If you have any questions particular to your own circumstances that we may not have time to deal with during the session, then you can arrange a separate appointment
Our workshops are free to all, but we welcome any donations
to help us continue to provide this valuable service.
Please visit our Service Menu
for a list of recommended donations and details of the other support we can provide.